Unity Game Developers
The Tap Lab is a mobile gaming company based in Cambridge, MA. Our company mission is to bring daydreams to life through games that spark the imagination and seamlessly integrate with today’s fast-paced mobile lifestyle.
An ideal candidate for us would be someone who loves playing games, and beyond that, fully experiences and enjoys the design that went into them. When you play games (whether it's Angry Birds, Farmville, or StarCraft), you think about how the design decisions and architecture behind the scenes influence the player's happiness and satisfaction with their experience.
You'll be a part of a small but mighty team and be heavily involved in all parts of the business. We're looking to build the future of mobile gaming!
Roles & Responsibilities
While your focus will be helping us develop our games, we'd love to chat with you about user acquisition, monetization, or gaming industry news. You can be heavily involved in as much of the company as you want.
- App development - You'll be working closely on our user-facing apps.
- Instrumentation - Behavior matters in our games. If a game mechanic isn't working well, we want to know about it.
- Game design - We're a small company and kick ideas around all the time.
Skills & Requirements
- CS Degree not required - We understand that hackers come from all walks.
- iOS or Android experience - Moving forward all of our games will be cross-platform.
- Experience with RESTful APIs - Our apps gotta talk to our game servers.
- Testing - Honestly, our code coverage is a little lacking. We'd love your help to change this.
- Quick Learner - Show us that you pick up new things quickly. Being on the bleeding edge of mobile gaming requires that we not only stay on top of the latest technologies and APIs, but are also flexible in adapting them for our uses.
Compensation will be competitive and based on your experience. Now by experience, we mean quality, not quantity – 6 months of building a great mobile game is more important to us than 6 years building mobile apps.
GLHF - Good Luck & Have Fun
We all do our best work when everyone's having fun, so above all else, we want to make sure that we're a fit for each other. After that, everyone on the team eventually does a little bit of everything, so there's always room to grow.
Just shoot us an email.
Principals only. No recruiters.
We're a couple of guys working to melt faces off in the gaming industry. Check out these jobs to join our team!
If you're an awesome dude(tte) and love games but don't quite fit our openings, shoot us an email anyway at jobs [at] thetaplab [dot] com.